Friday, May 4, 2012

About this blog....

Rice is said to be the most consumed cereal grain grown on the planet.Many people enjoy rice as their staple food.

There is no other food item that provides calories and energy to the world as provided by rice. It is not wrong to say that most of the people in the world are able to do their daily activities due to rice. Rice has about 345 calories per 100 g. Further, it is very easy to digest rice and hence most of these calories are absorbed by the body. How many times has it happened with you that you have eaten stomach full of rice and have felt hungry just one hour later?obviously...this is very commonly observed by each one of us.

Rice is a significant food that improves some health conditions. According to Organic Facts, "Rice helps to relieve indigestion and nausea, diarrhea and dysentery as well as some skin disorders and high blood pressure." Also according to RiceMilk.com, rice also contains b-sitosterol, a natural substance that lowers blood cholesterol levels.

Rice is an important source of complex carbohydrates, which provide energy to the body and fuel for the brain. According to RiceTrade.com, rice provides vitamins including riboflavin, thiamine and niacin. Rice also contains iron, vitamin D,phosphorus and calcium. It contains no cholesterol or gluten and has no additives or preservatives. Rice contains eight amino acids which makes it a good source of protein.Rice contains vitamin B in small quantities

Most of the nutrients and minerals in rice are concentrated in the outer brown layers known as husk and germs. Hence brown rice, from which only husk has been removed, is the most nutritious type of rice. Unfortunately, many consumers prefer pseudo cosmetic preferences and demand white rice or polished rice, in which the germ and bran has been removed.

I love rice very much...Iam very happy to know that rice is proved to be nutritionally very important.So dear Mama...who used to shout on me:"Dont consume simply rice...U will become fat" when i was kid....here's message for u that...on reading above drafted information you are bound to say...Dear Supriya.... u can enjoy eating rice!Also after marriage my Hubby takes my mama's position of teasing me not to consume too much of rice..so this article is to inform him that we can consume rice without any issue as you can derive energy from it.

Really I love rice unconditionally...Trip to US gave me golden oppurtunity to cook food as I like...as and when i want..here only I discovered my love towards cooking...and now cooking has become my Passion...In INDIA being a newly married couple their were lot many tensions and botherations... I would hardly get an oppurtunity to cook as everyone used to love food prepared by my mother-in-law and of course she used to prepare everything fantastically well...but happy to announce that here in USA in case of cooking... iam King of decision and Queen of kitchen...Iam leading happy and tension free life...no one to ask why u did this and no one to shout why u made it wrongly and wasted everything...Also avaliablity of green veggies,all kind of superior kitchen stuffs and instruments..free time that i get over here and also very good nature of my baby boy...allows me rather.force me to cook deliciously.

I try lot many recipes over here especially variety in rice...Everyday I practice making one or other different type of it...Nikhil says"Are do anytime iam goin to get normal plain rice to eat or not"(Just kidding) Really I  have made guinea pig or taste tester of my hubby...But he loves being food fan and tastes my variety of recipes.

Star of my show--my dear hubby--encourages me a lot,appreciates my efforts behind it and enjoys my prepared rice variety as always.He sometimes spreads his helping hand towards me and suggests lot many things which helps me in improving my dish.His ideas are tremendously good and Iam proud to have him as my husband.

His brialliant idea of documenting my work and efforts that I have put in everyday in making variety of rice gave birth to my blog-Just Rice Recipes for U and me.This blog is whole and sole dedicated to rice preparations only.Here Iam going to try and post 101 recipes of rice prepared and tasted by me and my dear hubby.

Really Iam blessed with the cutest guy I would ever meet on earth and I wholeheartedly thank him for giving me oppurtunity of coming to US and also god without him it was not possible.

Hope you all will enjoy reading and preparing it.Your valuable suggestions and feedback is highly appreciated.Also would like to request u to go through my another food blog....Food Frenzy...which describes all the innovative dishes...few are my own creations while few obtained from cookery books and internet...that we try here in US.

Thanks for visiting my blog.Hope u loved it!
Supriya.

No comments:

Post a Comment